Monday, March 24, 2014

About the Artist


Who am I as an artist? this is a question I don’t ask myself often. As a person I’m occasionally silly but passionate about what I do and what I make. I’ve been making things my whole life whether they be doodles, sculptures, inventions, or snacks. I don’t usually like to take anything I make too seriously because I find that stifling. It’s hard to make good mistakes when you worry about making something perfect right off the bat so I try not to worry.  Dada and the Futurists have always influenced me and I’ve never been one for traditional high art although I definitely appreciate finely crafted items. I make things I care about and have fun because of it and I think those two things are paramount to making something good I can be proud of for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment